How to choose best packing tape for cardboard boxes ?
Tape is a very important modern day tool. A durable tape which sticks through the end of the line is the need of the hour. These days we have tapes for almost anything and everything which is a good thing but when you are clueless about which kind of tape you need, the numerous variety of tapes only fuels our confusion. It is important to pick the right tape for our needs, without a doubt.
From the vast variety of tapes,we need to pick the one which fits our needs. There are some things that we must keep in mind to pick the best packing tape for the cardboard boxes. Imagine you have carefully packed all your essentials in a cardboard box with a normal tape but after it is being shipped, you found out that the tape gave away during the transit and now you are left with some broken crockeries. To avoid such things from happening we must make sure to pick the right kind of packing tape.
Packing tape sounds like just another tool unless you need it. Be it moving, packaging, shipping or whatever is your requirement, you still need a reliable tape which will not betray you in the middle of your transit. But there are many types of boxes as well as tapes. When we say different types of boxes, we are talking about the different materials from which they are made from, like the box could be made from recycled materials or pure virgin kraft paper. What kind of tape are we using like BOPP tape, cello tape, PVC tape, kraft tape? How are we going to pick the best one for our requirements?
In this article we will talk about the best kind of tape that can be used on most of the cardboard boxes. The best kind of cardboard boxes are made from virgin kraft paper. The corrugated boxes made from this kind of materials tend to have a better holding capacity then the recycled one along with that the tape sticks better to the corrugating cardboard boxes. Here, we will talk about the types of tape that will stick flawlessly on both of these boxes. If you want to know more about the corrugated boxes you can read a blog about it on our website.
How to pick the best packaging tape for cardboard boxes?
We have talked about the importance of picking the right kind of tape. Before we start to tell you about the qualities of different types of tape. We want to talk about the different aspects or we can say important things that we must bear in mind before we hastily make a purchase. Buying tape is an easy task, we agree to this without a doubt but when a tape can make or break the customer trust which you are trying to build. Then picking the right kind of roll of adhesive strips seems like a far more important thing to do.
That’s the thing about picking tape, a small thing can be a more important kind of task than before. We have a list of things that you should consider before picking the right tape for you, down below :
- Length and breadth - The dimensions of a tape is an important thing that should not be looked over. When we talk about the dimensions, we mean length and breadth. The breadth is important as it will determine what kind of coverage we need to have on the corrugated box while packaging. The aspect of length is seen to analyse the affordability of tape. We can determine the cost it takes to pack one box and then we will be able to calculate the cost of the tape required.
- Thickness - The thickness of the tape is required to make sure that it has enough strength and tensility to hold the important and fragile packages. The ideal thickness of the tape varies from material to material, for example, in BOPP material the thickness of the tape would be in the range of 38 to 55 micron. The good quality would be in the upper bracket of the range which would be around 50 micron to 55 micron.
- Material - The material of the tape is seen as an essential thing to see when we are looking for the right tape. Different types of material have different types of benefits that we need to look for so that they can be in alignment to our needs. We should know what our requirements are so that we pick from the right set of benefits which are offered by different tape materials.
- Tensile strength - the tensile strength refers to the force a certain object, here a tape, can withstand before tearing up or breaking. This is something that will determine the strength of the tape and how much weight you can put inside corrugated boxes.
- Weight of package - The weight of the package must be taken into consideration while buying packing tape. If you want a tape that can withstand high weight and pressure then you should be considering a tape with good tensile strength and appropriate thickness.
- Size of the box - The size of the box is listed here, to show that this factor alone can impact our choices to great extents. For example, if the boxes are big in size then the panels will be bigger in size as well which will affect the dimensions of the tape especially width. The bigger the size, the larger the load for which we would be needing a tape which will be able to withstand the weight of the box.
What are different types of packing tape?
After reading about the things that we should keep in mind before buying the right kind of tape. We will now talk about the different types of packaging tapes which are considered the best choice for packing the cardboard boxes. Down below we have listed the tapes which are the favourite in the packing industries :
BOPP Brown Tape
All of us have seen the brown tape over the brown corrugated boxes countless times. But just because all the brown tape looks the same that doesn’t mean that they are the same. The brown packing tape can be made from many different types of material which would have different types of properties and benefits. The BOPP tapes are considered best when it comes to packaging. This material has everything that a packing tape needs to be the best kind of packaging tape.
Transparent Cello Tape
Next in our list is a Transparent Cello Tape . We know that BOPP is a star material when it comes to packaging. The BOPP tape is best known for its high tensile strength and its anti-abrasion properties. Along with that, it has a very wide and versatile range of temperature. When this BOPP material is used to make clear tape it is seen to give excellent clarity with a highly glossy finish.
Colour BOPP Tape
The colour BOPP tape is considered to be the best choice to make your packing look interesting. The colour BOPP tape is available in bright, bold and striking colours. These types of tape are good for packing given their excellent UV resistance and age resistance. These types of BOPP tape are strong as well as provide a good resistance to the moisture and humidity present in the atmosphere.
This is a very popular tape, the fragile tape is the tape on which instructions are written such as Fragile, handle with care or other types of things. This is a choice as the instructions make things easier for both the receiver, sender and even to the handler. The package is secure along with the strong adhesive and instructions on how to handle it.
If you are someone who is conscious about planet Earth and the pollution packaging industries cause, then there is this tape which would be the right pick for you. Kraft paper tape is made from the kraft paper which is considered as strong material for making tape out of it. There are many things that make kraft tape very handy. First of all, you can write on this tape with a pen, pencil or marker. Second, this tape can be torn with hands which makes it super easy to use. Third, this is a waterproof tape.
Custom printed tape
the custom printed tape is made from the BOPP material which is considered a good tape to print your company’s logo. Having a custom packing tape with logo is a great idea to build brand awareness along with keeping your package secure.
Which is the best packing tape for the cardboard boxes?
Now that we are at the end of this article, you must have come to the realisation that there are many tapes but there is not a single tape that we can use for all kinds of purposes. But when it comes to packaging we can rely on the tapes that provide us utmost benefits at a reasonable price. For that we suggest you take the tapes we have listed in our blog some consideration.
Hope that we were able to help you to pick the best packaging tape for the cardboard boxes.
To The Packaging, is a firm with more than 20 years of experience in the packaging business. We believe in creating innovative solutions for all kinds of packaging problems for big and small businesses.